Create Your Own Job Opportunity with the Self-Employment Program!
This two-part Self-Employment Program offers orientation, assessment and self-employment services.
Eligible clients will receive help making planned and lasting transitions from unemployment to business ownership.
Through the program, you will learn about entrepreneurship and your suitability and readiness for self-employment. We will assess your business concept for eligibility, and if approved, we will guide you to success with our program services which include:
- Business plan development,
- Business launch and implementation assistance,
- Entrepreneurial workshops,
- Training and mentoring,
- One-on-one coaching,
- Financial assistance, and
- The support of our experienced team!
Our Self-Employment Program clients have successfully started and continue to sustain a variety of businesses that serve diverse clientele, such as electrical services, bookkeepers, hairdressers, consultants, daycares, automotive repairs and more!
- “Unemployed” and Legally Eligible to work in British Columbia; and
- EI eligible Client; or
- Are British Columbia Employment and Assistance (BCEA) Clients with a Persons with Disabilities (PWD) designation or Persons with Persistent Multiple Barriers (PPMB) status
- Clients must demonstrate that they are unable to achieve sustainable Labour Market Attachment in Insurable Employment with existing skills and have been assessed by a Case Manager as needing and potentially suitable for SE Services
Please contact a Avia Case Manager or visit our centres to find out if you are eligible for this program.
Note: There may be several steps involved in determining eligibility and suitability for the Self –Employment Program, so contact your Case Manager as soon as possible to get the process started!